The World Forum for Ethics and Business is a registered public interest foundation (“fondation d’utilité publique” N° 822.216.342) based in Belgium. The mandate of the Forum includes all manners of pursuing and establishing the indispensable ethical foundations of business in a globalized world.
- Provide a platform for the promotion and defence of ethical approaches to business enterprise and corporate governance;
- Facilitate global dialogue and foster cooperation among the private sector, the academic world, government agencies, international organisations, the media, spiritual as well as secular communities and all other stakeholders with the end in view of fostering decency, maximising human values and building wider public trust in business;
- Recruit the broadest possible support for trends, initiatives and projects that would encourage or enhance ethical and/or spiritual motivations, practices, norms and goals in the business world.
- Assume responsibility for continuing the International Leadership Symposium on Ethics in Business
- regularly convene the International Leadership Symposium on Ethics in Business as well as other pertinent public forums and conferences ;
- organise meetings, trainings and workshops, including leadership seminars and summits, for the benefit of relevant stakeholders, such as the World Youth Forum for young leaders ;
- undertake projects to raise awareness on the critical link between business and spirituality as well as human values ;
- give public recognition and award prizes to outstanding individuals and companies for their exemplary work and service ;
- raise funds and build resources in support of the mission and objectives of the foundation.
- Cooperate and work closely with the International Association for Human Values to realize common aims and objectives
The immediate priorities of the Forum for 2010 are to:
- Franchise and/or expand the conference to other regions and countries;
- Develop Ethical Leadership & Governance Programmes for the private sector;
- Create a platform for sharing best practices and innovations in business ethics.
Mr. Nirj Deva, Member of the European Parliament
Mr. Jules Goudsmit, CEO Acropoles SA
Mr. Ram Lakhina, Founder and Executive President of The Netherlands India Chamber of Commerce and Trade (NICCT)
Ms. Erika Mann, Former Member of the European Parliament
Mr. Sanjay Pradhan, Vice-President the World Bank
Mr. Madhu Rao, CEO Shangri-La Hotels
H.H. Sri Sri Ravi Shankar,
Founder International Association for Human Values
Partnering organisations are the International Association for Human Values, the World Bank Institute and The Earth Charter Initiative.